-
Senior Member
registered user
Durand, I think we are beating a dead horse here, I have both locations, the one that my error is screaming about, and the one that you mentioned in your post....
So, I don't know why it is yelling, considering that both locations exist...
Only thing I can think of is that when KMail "passes" the link/location to Mozilla, it is somehow, not correctly being interpreted [
]
Again, this is one of the reasons I thought that a "simple" addition to the email notification would get me by, 'cause I have gone this route before, and am where I was before, simply examining the link of the email notification, reading the subject of the topic, and then going to my Mozilla session and running around to find the post.
Oh well,
Ms. Cuddles
-

Originally Posted by
Cuddles
This is exactly what I did before, and it didn't work, same this time, I changed the File Association for HTML to point to Mozilla-1.5 - and now, when I click on the link in KMail attachment, it tries to fire off mozilla, only to cause an error in opening the mozilla session. Something, from what I can tell, KMail is passing a parameter to get to the link, but the link is not the "real" link, but rather, a temp link created by KMail - Mozilla is not able to open the temp link, which it shouldn't be trying to open that link, but should be the "real" link.
I just fixed this (trying to use firefox instead of konqueror).
Right-click a .html file and select "Edit File Type..."
Select the entry for mozilla (or whatever) and click "Edit..."
Click the "Execute" tab and check the Command box. It should be something like "mozilla %u".
This launches mozilla using the URL (instead of grabbing a file).
You might need to wait a few minutes for the system to update itself... it didn't work right away for me.
Link
-
Senior Member
registered user
a1291762,
YES 
That did it, it works, it works. ( I knew it was something with the associations )
Thanks 
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By RoyalMail in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 02:32 PM
-
By schock in forum German Forum
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-06-2004, 08:47 PM
-
By freeballer in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-20-2003, 10:07 PM
-
Replies: 26
Last Post: 01-17-2003, 03:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$49.99

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung Notebook 9 Pen Touchscreen 2-in-1 Motherboard NP930SBE-K01US
$111.45

Samsung 990 EVO Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Internal SSD 7,250MB/s
$285.00

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$20.99

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00