Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: wget from behind a firewall

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    55

    wget from behind a firewall

    I can't get wget (or ftp for that matter) to work from my knoppix laptop sitting behind my company's firewall. Wierd thing is, when I enter my proxy settings in konqueror, I can hit http and ftp sites fine from it. When I try to ftp to a site from a command line, it times out. I can ping remote sites from a command line fine. I've tried setting an environment varible to my proxy (i.e. HTTP_PROXY=http://10.10.10.17:8080, FTP_PROXY=http://10.10.10.17:8080), but this doesn't seem to help.

    I want to be able to use wget to mirror my website to my laptop. Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    BR

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Now I don't want to sound like your mamma or anything but had you read the man page for wget you would have seen that there is a file called /etc/wgetrc for just this situation.

    HTH

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    55
    mzilikazi,

    You didn't sound like my mommy at all.

    Thanks a bunch. I'll check it out.

    BR

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    55
    Works perfectly, now! Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. Firewall?
    By rubic_cube in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-31-2005, 04:38 PM
  2. Getting wget/apt-get to use a proxy?
    By Matrox in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 06:23 PM
  3. firewall
    By dugstratton in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 01:20 AM
  4. Firewall
    By georgetoon in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-21-2003, 04:09 AM
  5. wget <url> how does this work??
    By urpk in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Toshiba 1TB 2.5

Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive

$51.99



Western Digital WD11PURZ 1TB Internal Surveillance Hard Drive Purple, SATA picture

Western Digital WD11PURZ 1TB Internal Surveillance Hard Drive Purple, SATA

$102.50



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Seagate ST2000NM0045 2TB 3.5

Seagate ST2000NM0045 2TB 3.5" 12Gb/s 128MB 7.2K RPM SAS HDD P/N: 1V4204-002

$24.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$84.00



HDD 3.5

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy

$35.00