Now I don't want to sound like your mamma or anything but had you read the man page for wget you would have seen that there is a file called /etc/wgetrc for just this situation.
HTH
I can't get wget (or ftp for that matter) to work from my knoppix laptop sitting behind my company's firewall. Wierd thing is, when I enter my proxy settings in konqueror, I can hit http and ftp sites fine from it. When I try to ftp to a site from a command line, it times out. I can ping remote sites from a command line fine. I've tried setting an environment varible to my proxy (i.e. HTTP_PROXY=http://10.10.10.17:8080, FTP_PROXY=http://10.10.10.17:8080), but this doesn't seem to help.
I want to be able to use wget to mirror my website to my laptop. Any ideas?
Thanks,
BR
Now I don't want to sound like your mamma or anything but had you read the man page for wget you would have seen that there is a file called /etc/wgetrc for just this situation.
HTH
mzilikazi,
You didn't sound like my mommy at all.
Thanks a bunch. I'll check it out.
BR
Works perfectly, now! Thanks.

Dell PowerEdge T430 8 x 3.5 Hot Plug 2X E5-2680 V3 Twelve Core 2.5Ghz 192GB 3X 2
$949.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 5.2 GHz - Socket AM5 120W
$399.99
DELL POWEREDGE R640 8SFF 2x 8 CORE SILVER 4110 2.1GHZ 32GB RAM H740P NO HDD
$550.00
AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$179.99
Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$395.00
AMD - Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-CORE 16-THREAD AM5
$275.00
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99
DELL POWEREDGE R640 8SFF 2x 8 CORE SILVER 4208 2.1GHZ 32GB RAM H740P NO HDD
$565.00
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor
$145.00