-
wget from behind a firewall
I can't get wget (or ftp for that matter) to work from my knoppix laptop sitting behind my company's firewall. Wierd thing is, when I enter my proxy settings in konqueror, I can hit http and ftp sites fine from it. When I try to ftp to a site from a command line, it times out. I can ping remote sites from a command line fine. I've tried setting an environment varible to my proxy (i.e. HTTP_PROXY=http://10.10.10.17:8080, FTP_PROXY=http://10.10.10.17:8080), but this doesn't seem to help.
I want to be able to use wget to mirror my website to my laptop. Any ideas?
Thanks,
BR
Similar Threads
-
By rubic_cube in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-31-2005, 04:38 PM
-
By Matrox in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 06:23 PM
-
By dugstratton in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 01:20 AM
-
By georgetoon in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 04:09 AM
-
By urpk in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 06:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00

Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD
$199.00

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

ST16000NM002G Seagate Exos X16 16TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 512e/4Kn 3.5” HDD
$295.00

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99