Now I don't want to sound like your mamma or anything but had you read the man page for wget you would have seen that there is a file called /etc/wgetrc for just this situation.
HTH
I can't get wget (or ftp for that matter) to work from my knoppix laptop sitting behind my company's firewall. Wierd thing is, when I enter my proxy settings in konqueror, I can hit http and ftp sites fine from it. When I try to ftp to a site from a command line, it times out. I can ping remote sites from a command line fine. I've tried setting an environment varible to my proxy (i.e. HTTP_PROXY=http://10.10.10.17:8080, FTP_PROXY=http://10.10.10.17:8080), but this doesn't seem to help.
I want to be able to use wget to mirror my website to my laptop. Any ideas?
Thanks,
BR
Now I don't want to sound like your mamma or anything but had you read the man page for wget you would have seen that there is a file called /etc/wgetrc for just this situation.
HTH
mzilikazi,
You didn't sound like my mommy at all.
Thanks a bunch. I'll check it out.
BR
Works perfectly, now! Thanks.

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00
Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$44.99
M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99
PNY CS900 2TB Sata Solid State Drive (SSD)
$150.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00