Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: wget from behind a firewall

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    55

    wget from behind a firewall

    I can't get wget (or ftp for that matter) to work from my knoppix laptop sitting behind my company's firewall. Wierd thing is, when I enter my proxy settings in konqueror, I can hit http and ftp sites fine from it. When I try to ftp to a site from a command line, it times out. I can ping remote sites from a command line fine. I've tried setting an environment varible to my proxy (i.e. HTTP_PROXY=http://10.10.10.17:8080, FTP_PROXY=http://10.10.10.17:8080), but this doesn't seem to help.

    I want to be able to use wget to mirror my website to my laptop. Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    BR

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Now I don't want to sound like your mamma or anything but had you read the man page for wget you would have seen that there is a file called /etc/wgetrc for just this situation.

    HTH

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    55
    mzilikazi,

    You didn't sound like my mommy at all.

    Thanks a bunch. I'll check it out.

    BR

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    55
    Works perfectly, now! Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. Firewall?
    By rubic_cube in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-31-2005, 04:38 PM
  2. Getting wget/apt-get to use a proxy?
    By Matrox in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 06:23 PM
  3. firewall
    By dugstratton in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 01:20 AM
  4. Firewall
    By georgetoon in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-21-2003, 04:09 AM
  5. wget <url> how does this work??
    By urpk in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$482.02



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$372.48



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$24.99



SGIN 15.6

SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD

$335.99



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1794.16



Apple iPad Pro 12.9

Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good

$489.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 2 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 2 15.6" Touchscreen i7-1165G7 16GB 1TB SSD Win 11 Pro

$319.99



Dell ST91000640SS 1TB 2.5

Dell ST91000640SS 1TB 2.5" 6Gb/s 64MB 7.2K RPM SAS Hard Drive Dell P/N: 0VXTPX

$16.99