-
Is their a 'Live CD' for a G3 I-Mac (not a Power PC?
For the past few days I have been trying to find a Live CD for a G3 I-Mac
(this is a desktop, not a Power PC)
I started off trying Knoppix, then Gentoo....
Kind of think I am doing something wrong, or the G3 isn't supported?
Mac site ID's the machine as a iMac/iMac DV (slot loading)
I down load the iso, burn the CD and it looks OK in Windows 2000
Stick the CD into the iMac, power on with the 'c' key held down.
The iMac will stay with a blank screen as long as I hold the 'c' key.
As soon as I release the 'c' key the iMac boots on the Mac OS.
I am ok on i386 units, but this is my first try at a Mac.
Am trying to help a friend, so far only spinning my wheels?
Any suggestions / instructins / links would be a help...
I 'do not' want to install Linux / Knoppix, I want to run it from a Live CD
and still have access to the Mac HD.
Thanks for any tips.
Similar Threads
-
By knathan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 12:34 PM
-
By Stealth870 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 01:49 PM
-
By spiwokv in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 06:18 PM
-
By dimkal in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 12:04 AM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-31-2003, 02:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED
$40.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99