-
Re: Knoppix 3.4 Finally got sound to work

Originally Posted by
SunnyB
I had not been able to get my cheap Yamaha sound card to work
using the 2.6 kernel in Knoppix. It worked fine with the 2.4 kernel though.
I booted with: knoppix26 2 alsa etc.. and the alsa re-configured the drivers
for the card fine. I tried the sound and it worked even though it was set
to use OSS instead of alsa. I reset it to use alsa and the sound works
better than before.
Hope this helps somebody else also.
Hei
I also have alsa working OK with 2.6.6, but I am missing:
#iecset
and
#aplay
the former allows you to set the rate from 48000 to 44100 amongst other things..
Could you pls let me know whether you have these? If not I'm afraid the 17th May Knoppix CD is missing or not installing them to HD 
regards
Similar Threads
-
By ssj2kite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 08:46 AM
-
By rchinnock88 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 06:16 PM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 09:58 PM
-
By Chris Lee in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 12:20 AM
-
By probono in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 06:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES
$85.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys
$549.95