Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix 3.4 Finally got sound to work

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    58

    Knoppix 3.4 Finally got sound to work

    I had not been able to get my cheap Yamaha sound card to work
    using the 2.6 kernel in Knoppix. It worked fine with the 2.4 kernel though.

    I booted with: knoppix26 2 alsa etc.. and the alsa re-configured the drivers
    for the card fine. I tried the sound and it worked even though it was set
    to use OSS instead of alsa. I reset it to use alsa and the sound works
    better than before.

    Hope this helps somebody else also.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    80

    Re: Knoppix 3.4 Finally got sound to work

    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyB
    I had not been able to get my cheap Yamaha sound card to work
    using the 2.6 kernel in Knoppix. It worked fine with the 2.4 kernel though.

    I booted with: knoppix26 2 alsa etc.. and the alsa re-configured the drivers
    for the card fine. I tried the sound and it worked even though it was set
    to use OSS instead of alsa. I reset it to use alsa and the sound works
    better than before.

    Hope this helps somebody else also.
    Hei

    I also have alsa working OK with 2.6.6, but I am missing:

    #iecset
    and
    #aplay

    the former allows you to set the rate from 48000 to 44100 amongst other things..

    Could you pls let me know whether you have these? If not I'm afraid the 17th May Knoppix CD is missing or not installing them to HD

    regards

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    58
    I have neither.
    Knoppix 3.4 5-17

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyB
    I have neither.
    Knoppix 3.4 5-17
    Thanks SunnyB for your quick reply.

    I was afraid of that, perhaps a later version will have them..

    I tried to install alsa-utils, thinking the above might be included, but that depended on alsa-base, which caused problems, so I'm stuck there at present. Will probably restore the partition this evening.

    regards

Similar Threads

  1. Can't get my sound to work
    By ssj2kite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 08:46 AM
  2. cannot get sound to work
    By rchinnock88 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 06:16 PM
  3. Finally Knoppix up and running into my HD, but...
    By xaviers2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 09:58 PM
  4. Sound does not work
    By Chris Lee in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 12:20 AM
  5. Finally: Dreamweaver MX on Knoppix (w/ Crossover Office)
    By probono in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 06:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$344.74



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact  Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch

$179.99



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch. picture

Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.

$95.62