-
Knoppix 3.4 Finally got sound to work
I had not been able to get my cheap Yamaha sound card to work
using the 2.6 kernel in Knoppix. It worked fine with the 2.4 kernel though.
I booted with: knoppix26 2 alsa etc.. and the alsa re-configured the drivers
for the card fine. I tried the sound and it worked even though it was set
to use OSS instead of alsa. I reset it to use alsa and the sound works
better than before.
Hope this helps somebody else also.
-
Re: Knoppix 3.4 Finally got sound to work

Originally Posted by
SunnyB
I had not been able to get my cheap Yamaha sound card to work
using the 2.6 kernel in Knoppix. It worked fine with the 2.4 kernel though.
I booted with: knoppix26 2 alsa etc.. and the alsa re-configured the drivers
for the card fine. I tried the sound and it worked even though it was set
to use OSS instead of alsa. I reset it to use alsa and the sound works
better than before.
Hope this helps somebody else also.
Hei
I also have alsa working OK with 2.6.6, but I am missing:
#iecset
and
#aplay
the former allows you to set the rate from 48000 to 44100 amongst other things..
Could you pls let me know whether you have these? If not I'm afraid the 17th May Knoppix CD is missing or not installing them to HD 
regards
-
I have neither.
Knoppix 3.4 5-17
-

Originally Posted by
SunnyB
I have neither.
Knoppix 3.4 5-17
Thanks SunnyB for your quick reply.
I was afraid of that, perhaps a later version will have them..
I tried to install alsa-utils, thinking the above might be included, but that depended on alsa-base, which caused problems, so I'm stuck there at present. Will probably restore the partition this evening.
regards
Similar Threads
-
By ssj2kite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 08:46 AM
-
By rchinnock88 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 06:16 PM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 09:58 PM
-
By Chris Lee in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 12:20 AM
-
By probono in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 06:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 18 Core 2.3 GHz 45MB SR1XD LGA 2011-3 B Grade
$15.95

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00

Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TS-S01U00
$279.00