Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: ATI MOBILITY 9600PRO (M10)

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    23

    ATI MOBILITY 9600PRO (M10)

    Hi

    I installed knoppix 3.4 in my acer1501lmi and it works very well but my 9600pro wasn't detected and i'm using standard vesa mode.
    I tried to install ati drivers 3 times without succes thus I have 2 question:

    1) Why ati drivers aren't included in the knoppix hardware database?

    2) Can someone provide a step by step guide (for stupid users like me) to installa ati drivers?


    I'm not an experencied user and I don't know linux very well thus I hope someone can help me also because i think I'M NOT THE ONLY USER WITH PROBLEMS WITH ATI DRIVERS.

    Thanks
    Marco R.
    Italy

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5
    terminator: I'm in the same boat as you, i've tried to follow some debian guides for ati driver installation but it just isnt working for me. An ATI guide for knoppix would be great! I'll be watching this thread.

    (3d acceleration is the only thing holding me back right now, gota have my ut2004 fix )

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    14
    I have an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro All In Wonder. I would like the 3d Acceleration too, but all I get is the basic vesa.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    There is a website for the process of installing the ATI drivers to a 'debian' install

    http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.sta...installer.html

    You would need to have installed knoppix 'debian style' and have kernel-source if using the 2.6.5 kernel as default.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    23

    ati drivers for mobility 9600pro (m10)

    Hi Kelmo

    I already tried to follow the instructions in the link but it didn't work.
    I have a question:
    When you install knoppix with knoppix-install you have 3 choices:

    1) debian multiuser......or somethink similar
    2) knoppix installation like bootable cd
    3) old debian installation

    I choiced the first option.
    May be it the problem? Must I compulsory choise 3th option to have ati drivers works correctly?

    Thanks.
    Sorry for my orrible english.....I hope that you will be able to understand my question.

    Marco R.
    Italy

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    Yeah, you must install as debian I believe terminator.

    The other installation types make use of the excellent hardware autoconfiguration, which unfortunately is no good for 3d accellerated graphics.

    I do not have an ATI video card but I have successfully built the modules for the knoppix 3.4 system.

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    23

    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600 (M10)

    Hi kelmo.

    I understood but...I would like to work with my new notebook and magic knoppix distribution.
    I will try again and again to install ati drivers using a "knoppix" installation and, if I will have success, I will send a post in this forum.
    If someone will be able to make the same in next weeks, I hope he will send a post.

    thanks a lot kelmo
    Hi

Similar Threads

  1. Trying to install Radeon M11 Mobility -Problems!
    By mors in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 11:15 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 07:45 PM
  3. SOund card fun:Sound Blaster Audigy OEM also Radeon 9600Pro
    By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
  4. mobility m10?
    By TheCrazzyman in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 08:50 AM
  5. ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility
    By Mrmagic97_99 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-29-2003, 11:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



UniFi UCG Ultra Gateway Max picture

UniFi UCG Ultra Gateway Max

$200.00



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance

$20.25



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS picture

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS

$49.99