Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Load prolems on Compaq Presario 2140CA

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5

    Load prolems on Compaq Presario 2140CA

    The disk will boot up until the screen where it tells you to press enter to start knoppix. Then the screen goes black and stays that way. ANy ideas why?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5

    Also guys

    Just to let you know it's knoppix 3.4 that I am using. Also when I went into failsafe mode knoppix did load but i'd like to be able to run it with all my hardware. Thanks

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    What graphic-card?

    Did you search the hardware-forum?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5
    I have a ATI radion IGP 320M.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1
    I am having the same problem with a Compaq Presario 700US... it will boot in failsafe mode, however i cannot use my wireless network card (::cough wardriving cough: under failsafe mode. Standard everything (S3 Twister Graphics Card, ?? Audio Card probably something cheapass knowin compaq... amd duron 1ghz.. )

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2

    I got a compaq 700 laptop (I'm in canada)

    I get to the first part of the boot screen. then press enter and it goes to a black screen and from my experience its pretty much not working.

    I know the older versions work fine othere then the acpi (fan gets louder I get worried and shut it down)

    I have used linux now for 2 years and am now addicted having spent all the time I would normaly spend trying to figure out what went wrong with my windows (how to remove some stupid bug or keeping crap uptodate spyware and all the evils of a crappy unstable operating system.)
    and used it to learn how to use linux
    (sorry could not help it)
    I sure miss linux.

    I killed my last laptop and aquired this AMD 1500 (1200mzh) same as above reply video card...

    why? some one plz make it work.. or at least make me feel better knowing its going to be fixed in new version.

    this microsoft xp windows freeze up thing every once in a while suprising me is really pissing me off. was a calmer peacful person till I had to go back to hell (antivirus,popup no control, ms conspiricies violating my privacy. frig sasser was a virus that stoped MS from accessing through one of there conspiricy ports our passwords? the german guys a hero in my mind...

    I understand now why the germans are so far ahead (nero) I also drive a vw and well they know what they are doing...

    I wounder if its beyond the compaq world of laptops? is there a higer souce we can becon? want 3.4 lknoppix 061704 to load then let me install and ln -s my home partion so I can get back to normal.. ugh

    In pain
    Need help

    lol

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2

    Nobody else have this problem?

    Maybe it is only the 3 of us in the compaq world ...

    !@# help

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1

    Re: Nobody else have this problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by debianrules
    Maybe it is only the 3 of us in the compaq world ...

    !@# help
    No ! I've got the same issue with a Compaq Presario 713EA ! No issue with Knoppix 3.3 but 3.4 won't start.

  9. #9
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    14
    Hi there I have a Compaq Presario x1096AP with an ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 graphics card and it works like a beauty!

    What you could do is try to boot up with the cheatcode "knoppix screen=(whatever resolution ur using) vysnc=ur refresh rate"

  10. #10
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    32
    I have the same problem on my Presario SR1010NX.

Similar Threads

  1. compaq presario r3000
    By t0ast in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 06:27 PM
  2. Knoppix and Compaq Presario 2200
    By summer51 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 05:28 AM
  3. Compaq Presario B1011 and its cooler-fan
    By lufthans in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2004, 04:56 AM
  4. Compaq/hp presario 2500 (2519eu)
    By jdd in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 10:52 PM
  5. PCMCIA and Compaq Presario 2175US
    By jwdavis2 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2004, 03:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series picture

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series

$235.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$71.49



Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4 picture

Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4

$79.99



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard picture

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard

$54.99