-
Junior Member
registered user
kde problem on acert1501lmi
Hi
I have a strange problem with my laptop.
I installed knoppix 3.4 on my notebook acer 1501lmi and it works very well but, when I use my notebook without power (only with battery, sorry for my bad english) kde restart automatically 2 or 3 times then, it works well.
What could be the problem?
Thanks
Marco R.
Italy
-
Senior Member
registered user
apm (advanced power management) or
acpi (?)
-
Junior Member
registered user
Hi
I already suspected apm or acpi but...I'm using new kernel 2.6 that could handle correctly acpi thus the question is:
Is it a bug ok kernel 2.6 or could be a bad implementation in knoppix?
What could I do? Install a new version ok kernel?
In this case, can I install a new version of the kernel with apt or is there a specific procedure?
Thanks for your reply.
-
Senior Member
registered user
AFAIK acpi SHOULD have been an industrial standard, but every manufactor implemented it differently.
ACPI is making trouble on many machines, but before guessing or blindly installing, one should try to get sure about the reason.
Did the behaviour vanish, when booting with acpi=off?
There is a brief documentation of PowerManagement in the kernel-docs, either on your machine:
file:///usr/src/linux/Documentation/pm.txt
or in the net, if not installed.
http://mirror.trouble-free.net/kerne...ntation/pm.txt
I would google for my specific machine and wait for someone announcing success.
For me, I disabled acpi for my laptop, and enabled apm, waiting for improvements
Unfortunately, I don't know a central hardware-page, where models, drivers etc. are reported.
If you still want to install a new kernel, read at least the Changelogs.
-
Junior Member
registered user
acpi/apm
I will try immediately to disable acpi.
May be during next weeks I will also try to upgrade kernel 2.6 that usually add some improvements and fix some bugs.
Thanks a lot for your reply
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
-
By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00