Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: kde problem on acert1501lmi

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    23

    kde problem on acert1501lmi

    Hi

    I have a strange problem with my laptop.
    I installed knoppix 3.4 on my notebook acer 1501lmi and it works very well but, when I use my notebook without power (only with battery, sorry for my bad english) kde restart automatically 2 or 3 times then, it works well.

    What could be the problem?

    Thanks
    Marco R.
    Italy

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    apm (advanced power management) or
    acpi (?)

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    23
    Hi

    I already suspected apm or acpi but...I'm using new kernel 2.6 that could handle correctly acpi thus the question is:
    Is it a bug ok kernel 2.6 or could be a bad implementation in knoppix?
    What could I do? Install a new version ok kernel?
    In this case, can I install a new version of the kernel with apt or is there a specific procedure?

    Thanks for your reply.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    AFAIK acpi SHOULD have been an industrial standard, but every manufactor implemented it differently.
    ACPI is making trouble on many machines, but before guessing or blindly installing, one should try to get sure about the reason.

    Did the behaviour vanish, when booting with acpi=off?

    There is a brief documentation of PowerManagement in the kernel-docs, either on your machine:
    file:///usr/src/linux/Documentation/pm.txt
    or in the net, if not installed.
    http://mirror.trouble-free.net/kerne...ntation/pm.txt

    I would google for my specific machine and wait for someone announcing success.
    For me, I disabled acpi for my laptop, and enabled apm, waiting for improvements

    Unfortunately, I don't know a central hardware-page, where models, drivers etc. are reported.

    If you still want to install a new kernel, read at least the Changelogs.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    23

    acpi/apm

    I will try immediately to disable acpi.
    May be during next weeks I will also try to upgrade kernel 2.6 that usually add some improvements and fix some bugs.


    Thanks a lot for your reply

Similar Threads

  1. Problem Unique to Knoppix Later Versions!(SIS problem!)
    By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
  2. Wierd Problem With USB Keyboard, Maybe Motherboard Problem
    By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module

$30.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch

$69.99



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G

$75.00



CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New  picture

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New

$1049.00