When I boot from knoppix with no compact flash in /dev/hdc, I have no error messages. When I boot with the compact flash in /dev/hdc I get an error as follows:
Uncompressing Linux... Ok, Booting from the Kernel
Ide-scsi: hda: Unsupported command in request queue (0)
pdcraid: Error reading superblock
Ide-scsi: hda: Unsupported command in request queue (0)
pdcraid: Error reading superblock
Ide-scsi: hda: Unsupported command in request queue (0)
silraid: Error reading superblock
Then it loads knoppix-autoconfig with no problems, and I can even mount /dev/hdc with no problems and read/write to it. The system functions normally.
I cannot have the visuals of errors on the screen though, as this is for an installer CD.
I think it may display that message three times because I have three partitions on hdc (hdc1, hdc2 and hdc3).
Let me know if you have any ideas about this...

Vintage Apple IIc Computer Carrying Case Bag Grey Canvas Rainbow Logo 1980s
$74.99
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99
Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$22.99
Sonnet Tempo Trio PCI Controller Card Vintage Apple Mac ATA/IDE + FireWire + USB
$150.00
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 120 w/ Stylus Flash Card & Software *WORKS*
$99.99
VINTAGE APPLE III COMPUTER FOR RESTORATION OR PARTS [NOT WORKING MISSING PARTS]
$299.99
Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals
$50.00
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00
Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99