Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Changing the resolution on my Toshiba Satellite 2105CDS

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1

    Changing the resolution on my Toshiba Satellite 2105CDS

    I did a hd install and I can't change the resolution, the screen extends beyond the botton of the screen and the quality looks bad.

    I had a few guys who know linux download some new configurations, but no luck.

    Can anyone help me, the screen is drving me nuts...

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    Search in the hardware-section for screen.

    Mention your graphic-card.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    72
    Perhaps you could change the boot parameters to match what you used when you got it to boot nicely in CD mode.

    ie.. knoppix screen=800x600 noddc
    so.. if you're using lilo to boot, adjust the lilo config file and rerun lilo.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    17
    For the correct X config in a HD install, replace the deficient X config files (XF86Config and XF86Config-4) with those from the ram disk of a successful CD install that used the appropriate screen resolution cheat.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    45
    I'm having the same problem with a Toshiba Satelite HD Install. Running off the disk is nice (even got the wireless working!), but when I tried to start the HD install script, the screen 'blew up' on my, a resolution I cannot seem to increase.

    Any specific ideas?

    Thanks
    Jerry


    Quote Originally Posted by antskip
    For the correct X config in a HD install, replace the deficient X config files (XF86Config and XF86Config-4) with those from the ram disk of a successful CD install that used the appropriate screen resolution cheat.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    17
    If you can run a Cd-based Knoppix at a specific resolution you should be able to run a Hd-based at that same resolution. Have you tried the screen cheats in CD-install, and then overwritten the XFree files of your HD-install? I had your problem with my UXGA screen, but got it running on HD fine.

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by antskip
    If you can run a Cd-based Knoppix at a specific resolution you should be able to run a Hd-based at that same resolution. Have you tried the screen cheats in CD-install, and then overwritten the XFree files of your HD-install? I had your problem with my UXGA screen, but got it running on HD fine.
    Thanks for the reply.
    The problem I'm having is specifically when I 'start' the HD Install. When I start that, the screen resolution changes where I see only the top 1/3 of the screen (i.e. maybe 800x600). Is there any way around this?

    Thanks for the help so far.

    Jerry

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    17
    If everything is OK with CD install, and your XF86Config and XF86Config-4 on your HD install are identical to the set in the ram drive of your successful CD install, I don't know the solution, I am sorry.

  9. #9
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by antskip
    If everything is OK with CD install, and your XF86Config and XF86Config-4 on your HD install are identical to the set in the ram drive of your successful CD install, I don't know the solution, I am sorry.
    Thanks for the help. Well, it must have been an anomoly. I've retried to run the script 'knoppix-installer' again and the resolution is correct.
    Thanks for the help antskip.

    Jerry

Similar Threads

  1. Toshiba Satellite 5205: no Firewire HD
    By edburns in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 08:27 PM
  2. toshiba satellite a45-s151 wireless
    By kzinti in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 06:08 AM
  3. Hibernation on Toshiba Satellite
    By chrisjrn in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 03:30 AM
  4. Toshiba Satellite 335CDS
    By moorer2k in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 02:53 PM
  5. Running Knoppix on a Toshiba Satellite box
    By bureado in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 02:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor

$55.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested* picture

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*

$32.99



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00