Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 3.3 apt-gt question

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    51

    3.3 apt-gt question

    ftp2.de..... is not responding currently. (For teh last 2 days)
    I've amended the sources list to use ftp.demon.co.uk
    Run apt-get update.

    Fired up synaptic to see what's upgradable
    See quite a lot of packages (xfree ones) with .dfsg1-1 as the version.

    dfsg seems to be debian free software according to google, so are these the new packages forked from xfree following the license change?

    If so, am I likely to have any issues with them? And would these have been the same on the ftp2.de site if it had been available?

    Cheers

    --
    TimW

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    235
    FWIW, I just upgraded today and noticed that my xfree86 server was upgraded (downgraded) to version 4.3.0.1-dfsg-1. Prior to that I had compiled and installed version 4.3.99.1 from dri.sourceforge.net and the one from dri was way faster by orders of magnitude. The new one from debian made my mouse run slow as a slug, and at first I was bewildered by the slowness of it, not to mention it wouldn't recognize my savage dri module that enabled 3d on my laptop. If you upgrade, you might want to overwrite it with another version, from either the xfree86.org or x.org sites and go from there.

    HTH,

    Durand

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    235
    FWIW, I just upgraded today and noticed that my xfree86 server was upgraded (downgraded) to version 4.3.0.1-dfsg-1. Prior to that I had compiled and installed version 4.3.99.1 from dri.sourceforge.net and the one from dri was way faster by orders of magnitude. The new one from debian made my mouse run slow as a slug, and at first I was bewildered by the slowness of it, not to mention it wouldn't recognize my savage dri module that enabled 3d on my laptop. If you upgrade, you might want to overwrite it with another version, from either the xfree86.org or x.org sites and go from there.

    HTH,

    Durand

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    51
    Ta.
    I was primarily concerned that it changed at the same time that I changed mirrors, the concern being that it was caused by something that I had done. Your reply lets me know that it's a global change.
    It seemed to go ok (even left my version of XF86Config-4 alone!)
    I've not noticed any difference over the older version, tbh, so I'm not going to upgrade it, 3D isn't something I've got to worry about on an ancient TP600 laptop.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 04:40 PM
  2. Grub settings, quick question... really my last question :p
    By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2 picture

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2

$70.00



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD picture

Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD

$49.97