possibly a frame buffer issue ? try booting with vga=normal
Hi everobody![]()
I have a big problem since 5 days:
I would like to update my 2.6.5 kernel (knoppix 3.4), so to do the easiest i install the 2.6.5, i keep the .config of the live-cd, i applied the knoppix-kernel26.patch,I compil it, I install it, update lilo...
But at the end of the boot, when it have to launch X, the screen stay black! but when i boot with the 2.6.5 of the HD install (normally exactly the same no?) it works!!!!!
So where is the mistake?
I'm fed up with this problem...
possibly a frame buffer issue ? try booting with vga=normal
When I set vga=normal, there is a kernel panic just after starting PCMCIA services![]()

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99
Intel Core i5-12500 CPU 3.00GHz LGA 1700 Desktop Processor (SRL5V)
$150.00
Intel Core i7-10700K 8-Core 3.80GHz LGA1200 CPU SRH72 i7-10700K
$75.00
Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99
Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00
COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95
Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99