-
3.3 apt-gt question
ftp2.de..... is not responding currently. (For teh last 2 days)
I've amended the sources list to use ftp.demon.co.uk
Run apt-get update.
Fired up synaptic to see what's upgradable
See quite a lot of packages (xfree ones) with .dfsg1-1 as the version.
dfsg seems to be debian free software according to google, so are these the new packages forked from xfree following the license change?
If so, am I likely to have any issues with them? And would these have been the same on the ftp2.de site if it had been available?
Cheers
--
TimW
-
Senior Member
registered user
FWIW, I just upgraded today and noticed that my xfree86 server was upgraded (downgraded) to version 4.3.0.1-dfsg-1. Prior to that I had compiled and installed version 4.3.99.1 from dri.sourceforge.net and the one from dri was way faster by orders of magnitude. The new one from debian made my mouse run slow as a slug, and at first I was bewildered by the slowness of it, not to mention it wouldn't recognize my savage dri module that enabled 3d on my laptop. If you upgrade, you might want to overwrite it with another version, from either the xfree86.org or x.org sites and go from there.
HTH,
Durand
-
Senior Member
registered user
FWIW, I just upgraded today and noticed that my xfree86 server was upgraded (downgraded) to version 4.3.0.1-dfsg-1. Prior to that I had compiled and installed version 4.3.99.1 from dri.sourceforge.net and the one from dri was way faster by orders of magnitude. The new one from debian made my mouse run slow as a slug, and at first I was bewildered by the slowness of it, not to mention it wouldn't recognize my savage dri module that enabled 3d on my laptop. If you upgrade, you might want to overwrite it with another version, from either the xfree86.org or x.org sites and go from there.
HTH,
Durand
-
Ta.
I was primarily concerned that it changed at the same time that I changed mirrors, the concern being that it was caused by something that I had done. Your reply lets me know that it's a global change.
It seemed to go ok (even left my version of XF86Config-4 alone!)
I've not noticed any difference over the older version, tbh, so I'm not going to upgrade it, 3D isn't something I've got to worry about on an ancient TP600 laptop.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 04:40 PM
-
By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Intel Core i7-10700K 8-Core 3.80GHz LGA1200 CPU SRH72 i7-10700K
$75.00

Gaming PC Desktop Computer 12-Core RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 32GB
$600.00

Lenovo ThinkSmart Hub 500 10V50000US All-in-One i5 8GB 128GB Win10 NEW SEALED
$259.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8 Core 16 Thread 4.7GHz AM5 Processor
$369.99

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

MacBook Air 13" Apple M1 8-core - 8-core GPU • 512 GB • RAM 8GB Very Good Cond
$450.00

Intel Core i9-11900K 3.5GHz 8-Core 16-Thread LGA1200 Desktop CPU Processor(3536)
$249.99

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

Lot 5 HP Prodesk 400 G1 PC Mini Intel i5-4590T 2GHz 4GB DDR3 NO HDD NO OS
$275.00