possibly a frame buffer issue ? try booting with vga=normal
Hi everobody![]()
I have a big problem since 5 days:
I would like to update my 2.6.5 kernel (knoppix 3.4), so to do the easiest i install the 2.6.5, i keep the .config of the live-cd, i applied the knoppix-kernel26.patch,I compil it, I install it, update lilo...
But at the end of the boot, when it have to launch X, the screen stay black! but when i boot with the 2.6.5 of the HD install (normally exactly the same no?) it works!!!!!
So where is the mistake?
I'm fed up with this problem...
possibly a frame buffer issue ? try booting with vga=normal
When I set vga=normal, there is a kernel panic just after starting PCMCIA services![]()

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00