-
Junior Member
registered user
computer browse in domain through konqueror?
Hi
I'm using knoppix 3.4 (installed in hd) in my network environment: a windows nt domain with class B; a site has 172.16.100.x, other sites 172.17.100.x etc....
Windows machines can obviously browse all network because we have a wins server.
My linux has a standard knoppix installation thus it is in "workgroup" with a dynamic ip.
The problem is that I'm not able to browse all network through konquer. I configured lisa using suggested settings but it doesnt' work.
Someone could suggest me to specifiy wins server but.....I tried today mepis (running on bootable cd) and I configured my pc with a dynamic ip address. Without specify wins server I have been able to browse all network. How is possible? Surely linux can't get wins ip address through dhcp (like windows) thus, may be use it broadcast?
Finally, the question is: how must I modify lisa or samba to browse all network? Is there someone in this forum that already tried to use knoppix in a domain with multiple subnets?
Thanks
Marco R.
Italy
Similar Threads
-
By siggy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-11-2005, 06:56 AM
-
By Hayabusa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-30-2004, 01:35 PM
-
By god in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 12:14 AM
-
By debeerj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 09:03 PM
-
By axeff in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-02-2003, 02:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 1750 512K RAM Expansion REU for C128 / C64 – Tested & Working
$110.00

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Commodore 64 C64 Computer & RF TV Switch Cable UNTESTED NO POWER SUPPLY AS IS
$104.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Rare Vintage Commodore Solid State Red LED Calculator 897D w/ box & manual
$49.99

RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99