-
Junior Member
registered user
mount automagic not, in 3.4 boot: knoppix26
How automagic should I expect mount to be?
With 3.4 boot: knoppix26, I find often I reenter such commands as:
ln -s /dev/sda /dev/flash
mkdir /mnt/flash
mount /dev/flash /mnt/flash
umount /mnt/flash
I relive that hassle often despite my:
$ mount | grep auto
automount(pid701) on /mnt/auto type autofs (rw,fd=4,pgrp=701,minproto=2,maxproto=4)
$
Thanks in advance, Pat LaVarre
P.S.
I found nothing relevant re "mount" at:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aknoppix.net+mount
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/faq.php
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqGeneral
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqHardware
P.P.S.
I resisted the temptation to ask at the nearly empty:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/autodetection
Similar Threads
-
By p.lavarre in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 09:33 PM
-
By David Ormsby-Gore in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 06:59 PM
-
By nob in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 06:41 AM
-
By oarcher in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-10-2003, 09:37 PM
-
By reecegeorge in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 09-08-2003, 10:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF + 2SFF 2x10/1Gbe H730 Mini 2x 750W Server
$348.00

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00