Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: IBM R40e knoppix error - I can't run knoppix on my computer

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3

    IBM R40e knoppix error - I can't run knoppix on my computer

    I have tried knoppix (KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-10-EN.iso) on a at least 4 computers and I was

    surprised and impressed with the results I tried it on a new Sony viao, a desktop dell, and a

    Compaq Presario and an old IBM ThinkPad,

    Now when it can to running it on my new IBM R40e ThinkPad (type 2684)
    Mobile Intel P4 2.2GHz
    256MB SDRAM
    30GB hard disk

    I had problems the computer freezes after
    The detection process when it reaches this line it freezes,(screen link) View Screen

    PCMCIA found, starting cardmgr.
    |

    I also tried booting without my wireless card (network card) same problem
    ----------(please view the link above to see were it freezes)----------


    what can I do to make it work, I would like to install fedora core 2, but I wanted to try

    knoppix before installing it, how can I run knoppix with this error occurring, what should I

    do, what should I disable from the bios to make it run,


    List of other people haveing the same problem
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...arting+cardmgr

    --------------------------
    Future Plans
    This is what I have planned to have a 3 partitions 1 for windows XP, one for Fedora Core 2, and

    one shared partition, for both, 14, 7, 3.5,GB respectively

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3
    To tell you the truth I’m quite disappointed, no feedback from to Linux forums were I have posted my problem. I would have liked to see some feedback, but anyway, I solved my problem I got this

    In case of a failing hardware autodetection, try booting with any of
    the "no-" options as shown in the table above, like in
    knoppix noagp noaudio noapm noapic acpi=off nodma nopcmcia noscsi nousb
    to skip some critical parts of the autodetection system.

    I have posted a reply for my problem so that any off you other guy that have the same problem can overcome the detection process,

    By the way with the above I was notable to fix the problems the it did not detect my devices but it boot knoppix atleast.

    My new problem, I can’t install Fedora Core 2, I even tried to install fedora core 1, today I will try to install Mandrakelinux10.0, I hope it works although I would have LOVED to see Fedora Core 2 running on my laptop,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    And your expect everyone to shift to from Windows to Linux, its not as easy as I thought it was but I’m still trying I hope this time people would help me and give me some input

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by rz99
    To tell you the truth I’m quite disappointed, no feedback from to Linux forums were I have posted my problem. I would have liked to see some feedback, but anyway, I solved my problem I got this.......

    And your expect everyone to shift to from Windows to Linux, its not as easy as I thought it was but I’m still trying I hope this time people would help me and give me some input
    Don't be to hard on people for not replying, perhaps no one has yet found a solution. I saw your post, I could have suggested 'nopcmcia' but didn't because that's not really a solution to your problem as pcmcia is an important part of your system. As you say, it will get you booted into Knoppix but thats all.

Similar Threads

  1. Computer First Aid Using Knoppix
    By namnemet in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 10:05 AM
  2. Knoppix Locks My Computer
    By ruined in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 05:17 PM
  3. Install knoppix 3.3 on my computer
    By vulkan abriyanto in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 03:22 AM
  4. knoppix and new computer
    By markleong in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-08-2004, 06:39 PM
  5. Knoppix dvd and slow computer
    By RickyJaff in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2003, 01:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz  8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER  picture

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER

$94.94



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$12.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600  Win 10 picture

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10

$109.99