-
Junior Member
registered user
CAN LINUX DAMAGE LCD????
Hi
I'm using knoppix (dual boot with windows) on my new acer 1501lmi but pratically I use always linux.
After 3 weeks my lcd shown strange vertical lines (may be pixels damaged I don't know); I sent my laptop to acer assistance and they changed the lcd.
Today (after 2 weeks of work), lcd has the same problem.
Someone told me that the first version of Mandrake 9.1 damaged some cdroms (solved with new iso) thus I have a question:
In your opinion, can Linux damage hardware? In particular lcd?
This is important because I suspect that if acer will understand that I installed linux, could revoce guarantee; in fact before to send still my notebook to the assistance, I want to format my hd
Thanks
Marco R.
Italy
Similar Threads
-
By realpc in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-15-2005, 04:55 PM
-
By istoleapig in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 09:28 AM
-
By mpeden in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-11-2004, 12:09 AM
-
By terminator in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 07:12 PM
-
By Lame_Duck in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller
$499.99