-
Junior Member
registered user
Recovering NTFS partition (Newbie)
I want to recover some data from a corrupted NTFS partition which has Windows XP Pro (among other things) installed on it.
Knoppix/Konquerer "sees" only a FAT (plain FAT, not FAT32) partition on the disk which I imagine is the XP recovery consol. I do not need to preserve this partition or the files in it.
How do I make Knoppix "see" the NTFS partition?
I realize Knoppix won't write to an NTFS partition. I have another, working hard disk formatted FAT32 with enough space to take the data I need to recover.
Many thanks in advance for suggestions. I have no previous experience of Linux/Knoppix.
David
Similar Threads
-
By farlight in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-26-2005, 10:45 AM
-
By Tostado in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 04:09 AM
-
By StryDeR in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 02-23-2005, 08:00 AM
-
By krikke in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 12
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 08:39 PM
-
By doktor in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 06:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Protectli Vault FW4C 4 Port Firewall Mini PC 8GB 120GB SSD
$300.00

Palo Alto PA-440 Next Generation Firewall 8 x 1GE Ports W/ Power Adaptor
$250.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99