-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
mzilikazi

Originally Posted by
Davidsa
Thanks - but when I try this I get an error message something like "Unable to open /dev/hda "
What am I missing?
David
Try it as root.

OK, thanks. I now seem to have the HDs (both of them).mounted. But now the drive with the corrupted NTFS partition gives an 'Access denied" message although I CAN access and manipulate the other one with the FAT32 partition.
How can I give myself permisson to access my own hard disk?
Fdisk listed more partitions on the NTFS disk than I thought were there.
I can't seem to navigate between partitiions although I can move between disks.
The icon on the desktop for the NTFS hard disk has a green flash on its bottom RH corner, but not the other one. What does this mean?
Thanks again for any pointers - and apologies for my current state of ignorance.
David
Similar Threads
-
By farlight in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-26-2005, 10:45 AM
-
By Tostado in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 04:09 AM
-
By StryDeR in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 02-23-2005, 08:00 AM
-
By krikke in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 12
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 08:39 PM
-
By doktor in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 06:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98