Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Boot Knoppix from .iso image

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1

    Boot Knoppix from .iso image

    Hi all,

    hope i'm in the right section...I've heard that it is possible to boot Knoppix from the original .iso image rather than on the CD. I've tried Mandrake a few months ago, and I remember you could choose between Linux or Windows with the help of LILO. Can the same be done with Knoppix ?

    I have four partitions, C:\ is XP pro, D: and E: backup and data and I've created F:\ to put the .iso image there. I've heard that something like GRUB can be used, how can I deal with that ?

    Sorry, my post is a real mess. So basically, my question is : I want to have XP and Knoppix on same computer, without putting Knoppix CD everytime but loading from .iso image on HD. Last but not least, I would like to choose between OS everytime I boot. How that can be done ? Thanks for reading my awful post

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    Well, depending on the available diskspace and your willingness to re-partition, you can either use the so-called poor man install or properly install to HD. The 1st method only requires about 700 Mb on a fat partition, whereas the 2d needs about 4Gb and leaves you with a setup akin to any other debian-based distro. See the Docs section of this very site.

Similar Threads

  1. problems boot Knoppix 3.6 from local image
    By dast in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 05:26 PM
  2. Help!!! Remastered KNOPPIX image doesn't boot.
    By Yuriy in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 11:37 AM
  3. How to mount KNOPPIX boot image?
    By yuu_shi in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 01:39 AM
  4. Knoppix 3.3 can't boot. corrupt image?
    By lindseyp in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 08:28 AM
  5. Remastering Error: Can't Find Boot Image KNOPPIX/boot.img
    By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On picture

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On

$100.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$329.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T) picture

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)

$329.98



Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested picture

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested

$225.00



BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC

$52.99



Amiga Video to SCART RGB cable with detachable audio - USA Seller picture

Amiga Video to SCART RGB cable with detachable audio - USA Seller

$28.99



Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2 picture

Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2

$75.00



ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C picture

ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C

$45.00