-
I am thinking about junking my fedora install and trying that. But Fedora is about to release the final Core 2 in two days. I think I will wait for that first. I don't like to install more than one OS on a HDD. Mostly because I am still trying to differentiate between a hdd partition and a linux partition. They both look the same to me. So I just work with one OS at a time to save the confusion.
To explain further abaout the partition confusion:
In windows world there is a partition (C:\) it has a fat (or varient) or ntfs file system. I understand the diffrence between Primary and Logical partitions.
Then there is:
/ partiton (aka root too)
/root partition
/boot partition
/flute partiton
/poot partition
/swap partition
Frig, I think this is the hardest thing to figure out in the Linux world. I love the explorer interface. I think it is the best thing that windows has going for it. It makes sense. It just does!
But for some reason there is something blocking me from learning it the same thing in the linux world. I will start, then I give up after only three minutes of trying to study it.
I start to read about it then I take a huge inhale of air, then I exhale and quit trying. I noticed it the last two times I tried.
BTW, thanks for the input... I will probably try this in a week or so. Once I have tried Fedora Core 2.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 04:40 PM
-
By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

COMMODORE 1571 FLOPPY DRIVE WITH JIFFYDOS. TESTED AND WORKING
$199.00

Vintage Commodore 1541 Floppy Disk Drive FDD C64 w/ Manual,insert Nice, **Tested
$140.00

Vintage 1983 Commodore 1702 Color Video CRT Monitor. Tested.
$350.00

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Commodore USA 64x Mini-ITX Barebones w/ Slot Load Blu-ray, Memory Card Reader ++
$449.99

Commodore 1084S-D 14" CRT Monitor For Amiga / C128/64, 1084 Docs, Works
$355.00

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99