-
Senior Member
registered user
apt-get not getting
Since yestreday, any attempts to d/l or update using apt-get seens to hang at:
Code:
57% [Connecting to ftp2.de.debian.org (195.71.9.196)]
Err http://ftp2.de.debian.org stable/main Packages
Could not connect to ftp2.de.debian.org:80 (195.71.9.196), connection timed out
]
I don't see any news on the debian sites about servers being down. Should I uncomment something in my apt.sources list?
TIA
-
Senior Member
registered user
Comment out the ftp2.de site in your apt sources. list so it will not attempt to use that site. You should substitute a different mirror for this site to make sure you have at least one source for stable/main packages.
Then run apt-get update to update your sources list.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: apt-get not getting

Originally Posted by
rusty
Since yestreday, any attempts to d/l or update using apt-get seens to hang at:
Code:
57% [Connecting to ftp2.de.debian.org (195.71.9.196)]
Err http://ftp2.de.debian.org stable/main Packages
Could not connect to ftp2.de.debian.org:80 (195.71.9.196), connection timed out
]
I don't see any news on the debian sites about servers being down. Should I uncomment something in my apt.sources list?
TIA
Edit the file and change the ftp2.de.debian.org lines in the file to ftp.de.debian.org and it should work fine.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanks to CrashedAgain and Stephen for getting to the reply before me 
I went to do a apt-get update to test this out, and yes, every attempt to ftp2.de.debian.org fails, in my situation, connection failed
I was just about to reply here, just to comment it out, and locate a suitable mirror site, when I realized that CrashedAgain beat me to it, and then realized that Stephen not only beat me to the punch, but also found a resolve. Sheesh, working second shift instead of 3rd shift is wearing me out here...
Ms. Cuddles
[OMG a posted reply by me, and it doesn't take up a full screen
(Wonders never cease)
-
Junior Member
registered user
I have the same problem
In the same line, in the apt-get update ftp2.de.debian.org stopp and never connect....
Somebody Help!!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Stephen,
Perfect, the change in /etc/apt/sources.list
all entries that show:
//ftp2.de.debian.org...
changing them to:
//ftp.de.debian.org...
works on my next apt-get anything.... (after, of course editing the file, making the changes, and being sure to save the updated changes)
Just for my referance, Stephen, how did you find the site change? (so, in the future, I may find the answer myself)
Ms.Cuddles
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$53.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB 2.5in SATA Internal SSD V-NAND Black MZ-76E250
$20.50

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99