I wonder if anyone can help me. I have finally got my CDRom & CDburner & even my DVDwriter
to work on knoppix 3.4 but I can read but I can't write to my floppy the error I get is: could not write to /floppy/filename.
I am using the 2.6.5 kernel
My fstab reads
# /etc/fstab: filesystem table.
#
# filesystem mountpoint type options dump pass
/dev/hda7 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,exec,umask=022 0 0
usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
I am using the 2.6.5 kernel with kernel-source installed
Can anyone help me to find out where I am going wrong. I have used most version since 3.2 and I have never had this problem before only with Morphix![]()

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
$280.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HPe Proliant Microserver Gen10 AMD Opteron 16GB RAM, 3x Intel SSD, Working
$600.00
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$239.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00