Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Can I use Lilo to boot knoppix from hard disk ??

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9

    well, it worked but..

    Thanks Oscar!

    I followed yesterday your directions (with some modifications on language because I don't understand spanish) but I wonder if I can apply the cheat codes still, or somehow to create a xf86config file which would be always used from knoppix while it is booting?

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Aachen, Europe
    Posts
    85
    Salve FM78!

    " Because the Knoppix-boot-skript is not used, read about the CheatCodes and add the one you need to your lilo.conf under append= "....." To learn more about Lilo, read first the LILO-mini-HOWTO."
    (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HdBasedHowTo)
    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes

    Example:
    append="lang=de ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=KNOPPIX-3.10-DE/miniroot.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix"

    adding floppyconfig

    append="lang=de ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=KNOPPIX-3.10-DE/miniroot.gz nomce quiet floppyconfig BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix"

    rob

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    202

    Re: well, it worked but..

    Quote Originally Posted by fm78
    Thanks Oscar!

    I followed yesterday your directions (with some modifications on language because I don't understand spanish) but I wonder if I can apply the cheat codes still, or somehow to create a xf86config file which would be always used from knoppix while it is booting?
    these are the cheat codes:

    append="lang=en floppyconfig ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix"

    you may add others,for ex. screen=800x600 and for ex. floppyconfig etc etc

    floppyconfig reads your settings saved in a floppy, but this method have many drawbacks. Im not sure but editing xf86config will not help.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9
    thanks man !

    I think that your directions should make a mini HOW-TO !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Boot from CD to PCMCIA Hard Disk
    By Merdock in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2004, 02:14 PM
  2. Boot cd with lilo or grub boot disk
    By keava in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 05:24 PM
  3. Need to reinstall lilo - don't have boot-disk...
    By Sebastian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-22-2003, 05:06 PM
  4. Boot from Hard Disk without floppy
    By nicklaser in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 11:22 AM
  5. 2 hard disk installation won't boot to knoppix
    By bret in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 07:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available

$97.49



Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points picture

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points

$36.00



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G

$75.00