-
well, it worked but..
Thanks Oscar!
I followed yesterday your directions (with some modifications on language because I don't understand spanish) but I wonder if I can apply the cheat codes still, or somehow to create a xf86config file which would be always used from knoppix while it is booting?
-
Salve FM78!
" Because the Knoppix-boot-skript is not used, read about the CheatCodes and add the one you need to your lilo.conf under append= "....." To learn more about Lilo, read first the LILO-mini-HOWTO."
(http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HdBasedHowTo)
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes
Example:
append="lang=de ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=KNOPPIX-3.10-DE/miniroot.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix"
adding floppyconfig
append="lang=de ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=KNOPPIX-3.10-DE/miniroot.gz nomce quiet floppyconfig BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix"
rob
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: well, it worked but..

Originally Posted by
fm78
Thanks Oscar!
I followed yesterday your directions (with some modifications on language because I don't understand spanish) but I wonder if I can apply the cheat codes still, or somehow to create a xf86config file which would be always used from knoppix while it is booting?
these are the cheat codes:
append="lang=en floppyconfig ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix"
you may add others,for ex. screen=800x600 and for ex. floppyconfig etc etc
floppyconfig reads your settings saved in a floppy, but this method have many drawbacks. Im not sure but editing xf86config will not help.
-
thanks man !
I think that your directions should make a mini HOW-TO !
Similar Threads
-
By Merdock in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 02:14 PM
-
By keava in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 05:24 PM
-
By Sebastian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-22-2003, 05:06 PM
-
By nicklaser in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 11:22 AM
-
By bret in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-03-2003, 07:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Hynix 16GB PC4-2933Y 288pin DDR4 SDRAM ECC Reg Server Memory HMA82GR7JJR8N-WM
$79.95

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

M386A8K40BM2-CTD SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 SERVER MEMORY TESTED
$289.00

LOT of 5 Samsung 16GB PC4-2666V-EE1 DDR4 ECC UDIMM Memory Ram M391A2K43BB1-CTD
$350.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Lenovo 2TB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Metal Drive Flash Memory Stick Data Storage.
$3.99

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00