-
My wireless card is not recognized
Hi,
My wired NIC card works great in linux, but my notebook's wireless card is not recognized.
I go to the wavelan configurator, and it says "no wireless network card found."
My wireless card is a Dell TrueMobile 1300.
Furthermore, regarding the Internet and linux: Do you need to have a software firewall running in linux? Is one included with Knoppix?
Thanks. I just got Knoppix running today. I find it pretty fun. Can shockwave flash be used in linux, or no? Do any of the media players play Real files so I could watch the live real video streaming that I use so often?
Any suggestion on what would be the best hard drive installation of linux? Is SUSE decent or should I go with one of the distros that can be found on the net? Thanks! I know I am an annoying newbie, but thanks to Knoppix I am opened to the world of linux.
Similar Threads
-
By Gobitron in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 08:57 AM
-
By subTiTan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 10:15 PM
-
By phantomshado in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 10:33 PM
-
By rosea in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-25-2003, 01:40 AM
-
By Berdt in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 03:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99

Unfi Security Gateway Pro
$170.00

Alta Labs Route10 10Gbps Router Firewall 2x SFP+ 4x 2.5GbE 2x PoE+
$174.99