-
Boot Knoppix from .iso image
Hi all,
hope i'm in the right section...I've heard that it is possible to boot Knoppix from the original .iso image rather than on the CD. I've tried Mandrake a few months ago, and I remember you could choose between Linux or Windows with the help of LILO. Can the same be done with Knoppix ?
I have four partitions, C:\ is XP pro, D: and E: backup and data and I've created F:\ to put the .iso image there. I've heard that something like GRUB can be used, how can I deal with that ?
Sorry, my post is a real mess. So basically, my question is : I want to have XP and Knoppix on same computer, without putting Knoppix CD everytime but loading from .iso image on HD. Last but not least, I would like to choose between OS everytime I boot. How that can be done ? Thanks for reading my awful post
Similar Threads
-
By dast in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 05:26 PM
-
By Yuriy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 11:37 AM
-
By yuu_shi in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By lindseyp in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 08:28 AM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black
$387.46

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo IdeaPad 1 15AMN7 15.6" 8GB 512GB, ABYSS BLUE
$190.99