Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: MBR-Rückholung / How can I delet Lilo from MBR?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Karlsruhe
    Posts
    1

    MBR-Rückholung / How can I delet Lilo from MBR?

    Hi, ich hab Knoppix auf die Festplatte gespielt und weil c't meinte ich bräuchte Lilo im MBR (wobei ich weder wusste was das eine noch das andere ist) hab ich es reingespeichert...
    Ich habe zuvor meine Windowsoberfläche als Imagedatei gespeichert und wollte sie nun wieder auf die Partition spielen - klappte auch erfolgreich. Aber offensichtlich ist lilo noch da und fragt nach Linux auf hda1, was nichtmehr da ist. Ich kann Windows also nicht mehr starten...
    Könnt ihr mir sagen, wie ich den MBR wieder leerbekomme? (Ein backup.mbr habe ich zuvor leider nicht erstellt.)

    Knoppix is now installed on my PC. I also intalled Lilo to the MBR. I now want to reinstall my old Windows-konfiguration, which I saved as an Image. But by deleting everything from the partition hda (c) it seems that Lilo was staying there. Now it askes me when I try to boot, if I want to start Linux, while there can only be the old Windows-Version on c:\...
    Can you please tell me, how I can clean the partition so that Lilo dies?
    (I'm sorry about faults in this text, I'm not very good in writing english)

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    19

    To remove LILO

    To remove LILO and have Windows installed on the other partition, USE a DOS boot disk with FDISK on it.

    At the command prompt of DOS, type in - FDISK/MBR <-- this removes MBR program (LILO in this case).

    I would suggest using a SHAREWARE called MRBOOTER (Masterbooter.com) <-- it is great in that its intuitive, SMALL, and clean. The shareware allows you to use it indefinitely except only 3 OS. The Registered allows you to use with 6 OS.

  3. #3

    Re: To remove LILO

    Quote Originally Posted by lindleyrl
    To remove LILO and have Windows installed on the other partition, USE a DOS boot disk with FDISK on it.

    At the command prompt of DOS, type in - FDISK/MBR <-- this removes MBR program (LILO in this case).
    I think that should be FDISK /MBR <-- note the space

Similar Threads

  1. LILO
    By emartinson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2004, 04:22 AM
  2. [V.3.4]lilo
    By pc3 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 12:44 PM
  3. Fix lilo
    By peeb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 07:11 AM
  4. I need a help with Lilo
    By vladx in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 08:00 PM
  5. LILO woe
    By Wazz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-22-2003, 02:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC Unbuffered RAM Memory UDIMM M391A1K43BB2-CTDQ picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC Unbuffered RAM Memory UDIMM M391A1K43BB2-CTDQ

$20.00



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor

$41.00



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00