-
MBR-Rückholung / How can I delet Lilo from MBR?
Hi, ich hab Knoppix auf die Festplatte gespielt und weil c't meinte ich bräuchte Lilo im MBR (wobei ich weder wusste was das eine noch das andere ist) hab ich es reingespeichert...
Ich habe zuvor meine Windowsoberfläche als Imagedatei gespeichert und wollte sie nun wieder auf die Partition spielen - klappte auch erfolgreich. Aber offensichtlich ist lilo noch da und fragt nach Linux auf hda1, was nichtmehr da ist. Ich kann Windows also nicht mehr starten...
Könnt ihr mir sagen, wie ich den MBR wieder leerbekomme? (Ein backup.mbr habe ich zuvor leider nicht erstellt.)
Knoppix is now installed on my PC. I also intalled Lilo to the MBR. I now want to reinstall my old Windows-konfiguration, which I saved as an Image. But by deleting everything from the partition hda (c) it seems that Lilo was staying there. Now it askes me when I try to boot, if I want to start Linux, while there can only be the old Windows-Version on c:\...
Can you please tell me, how I can clean the partition so that Lilo dies?
(I'm sorry about faults in this text, I'm not very good in writing english)
-
Junior Member
registered user
To remove LILO
To remove LILO and have Windows installed on the other partition, USE a DOS boot disk with FDISK on it.
At the command prompt of DOS, type in - FDISK/MBR <-- this removes MBR program (LILO in this case).
I would suggest using a SHAREWARE called MRBOOTER (Masterbooter.com) <-- it is great in that its intuitive, SMALL, and clean. The shareware allows you to use it indefinitely except only 3 OS. The Registered allows you to use with 6 OS.
-
Re: To remove LILO

Originally Posted by
lindleyrl
To remove LILO and have Windows installed on the other partition, USE a DOS boot disk with FDISK on it.
At the command prompt of DOS, type in - FDISK/MBR <-- this removes MBR program (LILO in this case).
I think that should be FDISK /MBR <-- note the space
Similar Threads
-
By emartinson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-21-2004, 04:22 AM
-
By pc3 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 12:44 PM
-
By peeb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 07:11 AM
-
By vladx in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 08:00 PM
-
By Wazz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-22-2003, 02:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3� Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Yoga 11e Gen 5 2-in-1 Touchscreen 11" HD Laptop 4GB 128GB SSD Windows 11
$99.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14� FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14� HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14� Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99