Hi.
So, I use the save configuration setting sometimes. Is this actually making a partition on my hard drive? How can I reclaim the space it has used?
Thanks
Hi.
So, I use the save configuration setting sometimes. Is this actually making a partition on my hard drive? How can I reclaim the space it has used?
Thanks
Partition?!
Saving your configuration (KNOPPIX menu > Configure > Save KNOPPIX configuration) creates two files, "configs.tbz" and "knoppix.sh," that take up less than 250K on my computer.
Making a persistent KNOPPIX home directory (KNOPPIX menu > Configure > Create a persistent KNOPPIX home directory) will allow you to use a partition, but only if you tell it to. Otherwise, it creates a file named "knoppix.img" on whatever partition you specified, of whatever size you specified.
Obviously, you can delete those files.
To clarify, the script that saves a persistent home directory will offer to reformat one of your existing hard disk partitions and use the whole thing as a persistent home. Most people probably don't want to do that for a live CD, and will just elect to have it create a file (knoppix.img) in an existing partition.
Anyway, I recently booted Knoppix 3.4 to kernel 2.4 and tried to use the persistent home directory file it made when running kernel 2.6, and it wouldn't work. Curious. Anyone else have that experience?
I didn't try that, but I have noticed that persistent homes, files I've downloaded to the PH partition and saved configurations that I've saved to the PH partition will sometimes "disappear", leaving me to start back at square one.Originally Posted by eco2geek
JD
Edit - see http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10577
I can delete those files from windows?Originally Posted by eco2geek

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99