-
3.4 won't boot, APIC issues
Well, I get to the boot screen where you see "boot: ", I hit enter and it loads the kernal and all that and then... black.
When I try "failsafe", I get APIC error on CPU 0: 04(04).
When I try "noapic", I get a penguin, a flashing cursor, and that's it. Nothing else.
I'm sure that the disks works, boots fine on my other boxes.
BTW, this box is a Gigabyte GA-7dpxgw with a single Athlon MP 1600+.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Did you see this thread in General Support also?
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10410
You aren't alone in what you describe. Try posting in that thread instead, and you might find that you guys can compare notes, and you might have a better shot at getting the help you need. I've already posted a suggestion there, so I won't clutter the forum by repeating it here.
Good luck to you.
JD
-
Thanks, but I got it
I've already searched the forums and found all kinds of "cheat codes" that don't work. The only thing that did work was re-flashing my bios. Aparrantly, GB released a new bios that fixes soemthing they call a "lock error", at any rate, that was what I was experiancing. Now it works!!!
-
Senior Member
registered user
thaks CompaqDrew, that helped a firend of mine jut now
, he could not use knoppix but now he can...
Similar Threads
-
By amag in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 12:48 AM
-
By Demus in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 06:29 AM
-
By DJTOMCAT in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 01:18 PM
-
By alexander in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 04:34 AM
-
By Pewe in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested
$25.46

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box
$90.98

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67