I had re-installed Knoppix to HD after having a problem with the filesystem. All went o.k. except that I can't boot Linux anymore. It starts the boot process, regognizes disks, installs RAMDISK etc. Last message is
RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
Then it freezes. When I boot from the floppy, it shows the same message but then goes on.
Since my Linux is on the second HD (hdb4), I assume that the configuration wrote the correct LILO in the MBR of hdb.
1. Does that seem to be a reasonable assumption?
2. If so, how do I get lilo to write the current config to the MBR of hda?
Cheers

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX
$14.99
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99
1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$32.99