-
CD Won't Fully Boot Up Help!!!!
Hi, I'm just trying to get knoppix running on my comp. I know the cd is fine because it worked on my roomates comp with no problems. I get the opening screen and hit enter to boot from cd. It goes through and scans everything right down till the bottom and everythign looks ok, then when it goes to the next screen, my monito goes into "sleep mode" or whatever where the monitor turns off and the power light goes from green to orange. I tried using my roomates monitor but it has the same affect. So is it my gfx card? I have a ATi 9600 Pro. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
-Steve
-
I've got exactly the same problem, I tried many different command lines, all it does is loading, then blank screen and nothing else happens, it's just dead, no noises, no cd or hd reading or writing, nothing.
version 3.3 on Athlon XP 1200 with 256 MB ram
-
Try some cheatcodes.
For instance at the prompt with boot: knoppix xmodule=ati vga=normal vsync=60
Similar Threads
-
By ovidiu in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-23-2004, 11:27 PM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 03:28 PM
-
By MrWizard in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 03:43 AM
-
By bdshort in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-24-2003, 06:15 AM
-
By Titan in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-15-2003, 07:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98