-
Senior Member
registered user
My persistent home isn't persisting
I set up /hdb5/ as the location for my persistent home, and I'm saving my configuration there also. I even used Klik to download firefox to that locaton. Before shutting down, I saved configuration there. On reboot, used "knoppix26 myconfig=scan home=scan", but my home files were gone, including firebird and all traces of Klik. Tried it with "knoppix26 myconfig=/dev/hdb5/ home=/dev/hdb5" also. The configuration (printer definition, wallpaper and the like) stays, but nothing in the persistent home does. It has worked before, but most of the time it seems not to. hdb5 has 312 MB free space out of 342 MB. When I click the home icon, it brings up /home/knoppix/, which is the default ramdisk. If within /home/knoppix I click the desktop, and then /hdb5/, I see the same icons, but config.tbz, knoppix.sh and a locked file called lost+found are in there too, but nothing else. Any ideas?
TIA
JD
Similar Threads
-
By ddrex in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 07:52 PM
-
By Serow225 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-27-2004, 04:36 AM
-
By Dooley in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 08:43 PM
-
By permutations in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 09:54 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-12-2003, 07:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854
$225.00

Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs
$49.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$54.99