Who knows- this time next year you may open your mailbox and find one with AOL 12.0 on it and 10,000 free hours to burn in the first month!
Oh man, one could only hope! At least when they sent out the floppies you could reuse them! Now their damn CDs just fill up landfills. Hmph.

I tried downloading FireFox with klik and FireFox doesn't work -- it complains about not being able to find the Mozilla runtime directory -- haven't read the forum posts about it yet -- but at least it's still there when I restore my persistent home!

By mounting your "knoppix.img" file (which is the file your persistent home is saved in) as a loopback device, I mean:

One of my "knoppix.img" files is at the root of /dev/hdb1, which is an ext3 partition. So mount that read-write:

mount -t ext3 -o rw /dev/hdb1 /mnt/hdb1

Then mount "knoppix.img" on /mnt/hdb1 read-write:

mount -o loop,rw /mnt/hdb1/knoppix.img /mnt/test

Then cd into /mnt/test, and you should see the contents of your persistent home dir. You can write to it, copy files from it, etc. (I have another "knoppix.img" on /dev/hda5, a vfat partition, and can mount it the same way.)

Does that work for you?