-
knoppix-installer lost /mnt/cdrom , network probllem.
As I recall I had 3.2 or 3.3 working nicely on the hd with a symbolic link to hdc in /dev, I must be getting stupider as the months go by. This time if I have a cd in the drive and click the link on the desktop, or try to mount it from the command line I get the message "can't seem to find /mnt/cdrom." This was with the easy install and the debian style. My reason for the hd install is to get access to the cd (and dvd) player.
A problem I have with debian itself these days is after networking is setup (which I don't understand a lot about) if I don't go online during the install process to download updates, I can't get my internet working later. (it connects but no data comes down) Same with the hd install. Again I had that working with knx-installer (I think it was) in the past. Meanwhile with the live knoppix cd it works fine, which I am using right now.
Also the clock is out by six hours, my system is set to local time.
David.
(Australia)
Similar Threads
-
By fstephens in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 07:57 AM
-
By mzilikazi in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 05:33 AM
-
By Koga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
-
By winglion in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-24-2002, 08:54 AM
-
By xetaprime in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-21-2002, 06:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00

G.Skill Trident Z Neo 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4-3600 RAM F4-3600C18Q-128GTZN
$639.99

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666 CMK16GX4M2A2666C16 Open Box Tested
$89.99

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00