Besides 'noscsi' you could try booting adding other bootoptions to skip some hardware detection like 'nofstab'. Or almoust no Hw detection typing 'knoppix failsave'.
Hi there,
I'm a novice Linux user, and I just downloaded Knoppix 3.4. Sadly, I can't get it to work
I've got an Asus A7N8X Deluxe mainboard (nForce 2 chipset), with two SATA drives (Maxtor 120GBx2), not in RAID mode. I need to start with "noscsi" option (either 2.4 or 2.6), to avoid hanging on "probing SCSI devices". However, when boot is scanning for HardDrive partitions (and creating /etc/fstab), it hangs. My drives are partitioned in this way:
1st drive: 90GB NTFS partition - 30GB not partitioned (free room to install Fedora Core 2 when it's out)
2nd drive: 120GB NTFS partition.
My 1st drive got some bad clusters, but no problems encountered with diagnostic tool from Maxtor. I still need to change it (perhaps tomorrow), but I'm SERIOUSLY considering working in Knoppix if I cannot replace immediately my damaged HD.
But can't get it to work
Any ideas ? Thanks in advance![]()
Besides 'noscsi' you could try booting adding other bootoptions to skip some hardware detection like 'nofstab'. Or almoust no Hw detection typing 'knoppix failsave'.

Lot of 22 Vintage Expansion & Interface Cards Circuit Boards / PCBs UNTESTED
$150.00
Vintage Media Vision Pro Audio Studio PAS16 ISA Sound Card 650-0060 A. PC
$90.00
7 Vintage Microsoft Software CDs Lot Windows XP Home 2000 95 Works PC
$35.98
Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99
2005 HHKB Pro 1 PD-KB300NL PFU Keyboard US Topre RARE Vintage
$435.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Western Digital Caviar WD400BB 40GB 7200RPM 3.5" PATA IDE HDD - Tested
$17.99
VLSI Vintage ISA Interface Expansion Card 120-0036-001 VDC400 Rev 1.1
$60.00
Vintage Super Rare Exxon Office Supplies Keyboard Mechanical Untested* 1980-85
$499.99
Vintage Core CL9 Master Universal Remote Control Steve Wozniak (Apple) READ
$988.88