Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 3.4 won't boot, APIC issues

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2

    3.4 won't boot, APIC issues

    Well, I get to the boot screen where you see "boot: ", I hit enter and it loads the kernal and all that and then... black.

    When I try "failsafe", I get APIC error on CPU 0: 04(04).

    When I try "noapic", I get a penguin, a flashing cursor, and that's it. Nothing else.

    I'm sure that the disks works, boots fine on my other boxes.

    BTW, this box is a Gigabyte GA-7dpxgw with a single Athlon MP 1600+.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Did you see this thread in General Support also?

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10410

    You aren't alone in what you describe. Try posting in that thread instead, and you might find that you guys can compare notes, and you might have a better shot at getting the help you need. I've already posted a suggestion there, so I won't clutter the forum by repeating it here.

    Good luck to you.

    JD

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2

    Thanks, but I got it

    I've already searched the forums and found all kinds of "cheat codes" that don't work. The only thing that did work was re-flashing my bios. Aparrantly, GB released a new bios that fixes soemthing they call a "lock error", at any rate, that was what I was experiancing. Now it works!!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    thaks CompaqDrew, that helped a firend of mine jut now, he could not use knoppix but now he can...

Similar Threads

  1. BOOT ISSUES
    By amag in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 12:48 AM
  2. APIC error on CPU0: 04(04)
    By Demus in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 06:29 AM
  3. APIC Error on CPU0: 40(40)
    By DJTOMCAT in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 01:18 PM
  4. APIC error
    By alexander in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2004, 04:34 AM
  5. APIC Delay on 2003.01.20 release
    By Pewe in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard picture

MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard

$163.49



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO-  32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard picture

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard

$370.00



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$101.99



ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU

$45.00



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99