Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix 3.4 5-10 doesn't boot

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Napoli, Italy
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix 3.4 5-10 doesn't boot

    Hi there,

    I'm a novice Linux user, and I just downloaded Knoppix 3.4. Sadly, I can't get it to work

    I've got an Asus A7N8X Deluxe mainboard (nForce 2 chipset), with two SATA drives (Maxtor 120GBx2), not in RAID mode. I need to start with "noscsi" option (either 2.4 or 2.6), to avoid hanging on "probing SCSI devices". However, when boot is scanning for HardDrive partitions (and creating /etc/fstab), it hangs. My drives are partitioned in this way:

    1st drive: 90GB NTFS partition - 30GB not partitioned (free room to install Fedora Core 2 when it's out)
    2nd drive: 120GB NTFS partition.

    My 1st drive got some bad clusters, but no problems encountered with diagnostic tool from Maxtor. I still need to change it (perhaps tomorrow), but I'm SERIOUSLY considering working in Knoppix if I cannot replace immediately my damaged HD.

    But can't get it to work

    Any ideas ? Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kampen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    166
    Besides 'noscsi' you could try booting adding other bootoptions to skip some hardware detection like 'nofstab'. Or almoust no Hw detection typing 'knoppix failsave'.

Similar Threads

  1. installed kanotix to hdb, lost boot option to boot knoppix
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
  2. Knoppix wont boot with boot floppy
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
  3. How can I boot Knoppix using windows boot loader?
    By J.A.X in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-30-2004, 02:52 AM
  4. using knoppix on multi-boot CD's (boot scriptor)
    By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
  5. Remastering Error: Can't Find Boot Image KNOPPIX/boot.img
    By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$119.00



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks SRX340 16x1GbE Ports Service Gateway Security Appliance W/ Ears picture

Juniper Networks SRX340 16x1GbE Ports Service Gateway Security Appliance W/ Ears

$79.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter picture

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter

$59.99



New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty picture

New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty

$895.00



Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch

$249.99



Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP picture

Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP

$139.00



JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE picture

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE

$59.99



Juniper EX3400-48T Ethernet Switch, 12-Port, Gigabit, Rack Mount picture

Juniper EX3400-48T Ethernet Switch, 12-Port, Gigabit, Rack Mount

$184.99