Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Default behavior of Knoppix

  1. #1
    mag
    Guest

    Default behavior of Knoppix

    First, I'd like to thank Mr. Knoppix for this great distro. I know that I should not be complaining about it because it's primarily intended for CDROM live demo. But since it has a hard drive install capability, I have couple of gripes about it. When you install it to the hard drive, and create a different user other than the default knoppix user, KDE file manager (kfm) always opens up /home/knoppix directory. How can I fix this? Also when I setup printer (HP820C) off of CDROM, it prints perfectly. When installed, it doesn't print at all. How can I fix this? I'm very excited about this distro. It seems to me that it will eventually become a main stream Linux distro. It would be nice if the install process has the ability to add a user not the default knoppix user. Aside from these, the latest release doesn't work for ATI Radeon 128 video card anymore. The release 8-11-2002 works great and sets up video card nicely.

    mag

  2. #2
    mag
    Guest
    I figured out the answers to the questions that I asked here. For printing: There was a pnm2ppa.config file missing from the /etc. I just created an empty file and then it started printing. For kfm: in my home directory I did a search for an instance of knoppix and replace it with my username and it worked like a charm. This distro is great.

    mag

  3. #3
    Harlan
    Guest

    Re: Default behavior of Knoppix

    Quote Originally Posted by mag
    First, I'd like to thank Mr. Knoppix for this great distro. I know that I should not be complaining about it because it's primarily intended for CDROM live demo. But since it has a hard drive install capability, I have couple of gripes about it. When you install it to the hard drive, and create a different user other than the default knoppix user, KDE file manager (kfm) always opens up /home/knoppix directory. How can I fix this? Also when I setup printer (HP820C) off of CDROM, it prints perfectly. When installed, it doesn't print at all. How can I fix this? I'm very excited about this distro. It seems to me that it will eventually become a main stream Linux distro. It would be nice if the install process has the ability to add a user not the default knoppix user. Aside from these, the latest release doesn't work for ATI Radeon 128 video card anymore. The release 8-11-2002 works great and sets up video card nicely.

    mag
    There are a number of problems with larger fonts, fontpaths, and trash directories, that all point to /home/knoppix. If you use kuser to add new users you can deselect "copy skeleton" to aviod the problems you mentioned

Similar Threads

  1. alt-tab behavior
    By dtz in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 07:10 AM
  2. Strange Sound Behavior
    By sgs9198 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 11:15 PM
  3. Linksys WPC11 Strange Behavior
    By mloiterman in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 10:33 PM
  4. Restoring default X behavior
    By raydj in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 03:00 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2003, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W

$899.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections

$63.00



1U Server Intel Xeon E3-1240 V5 3.5Ghz 4C 32GB RAM 2x M.2 2280 OCP RJ45 Rails picture

1U Server Intel Xeon E3-1240 V5 3.5Ghz 4C 32GB RAM 2x M.2 2280 OCP RJ45 Rails

$310.00