-
memory leak in KDE3.1?
After doing the hard drive install from the Knoppix CD I upgraded to KDE 3.1 and was pleasantly surprised to see a nice increase in speed and decrease in memory usage...HOWEVER... after running for a couple days my free physical memory drops from around 300MB to about 5MB even with no programs open!
If I go to the "KDE Info Center" program and look at the memory usage breakdown I see that it's storing a huge amount of old application data for some reason. Restarting the X server doesn't seem to help but restarting the computer, of course, does.
There's no program using all that memory when I CTRL-ALT-ESC in KDE or list processes or in the shell.
A couple questions, then, if I may:
1) Any idea on how to track down what's causing the memory leakage?
2) How can I flush the cache manually?
Thanks in advance,
Will
Similar Threads
-
By Amsicora in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-24-2004, 05:46 PM
-
By jackren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 06:22 PM
-
By rrolsbe in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:42 PM
-
By Icaro in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 01:03 PM
-
By mrblah in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-27-2003, 05:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95