-
Senior Member
registered user
"Poor Man's Dual Boot" with KNOPPIX 3.4
Has anyone got this working? I have many times used the FAQ located at http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HdBasedHowTo to boot the KNOPPIX 3.3 compressed file system from my hard drive instead of from CDROM.
I especially liked using LILO to set up a boot menu so that I don't have to use boot floppies or a cdrom to get the HD installed filesystem going.
The steps I used to use to create a boot directory on the partition where I copy the CD image to (HDA3 in this example) went as follows:
mkdir /mnt/hda3/boot/
cp /boot/System.map /mnt/hda3/boot/
mount /cdrom/KNOPPIX/boot-en.img /mnt/test -o loop -t vfat
cp /mnt/test/* /mnt/hda3/boot
However, with 3.4 there is no longer a boot.img or boot-en.img.
Although I can still do a manual "poor mans dual boot " using a set of floppies or the CDROM to boot, I would like to be able to boot directly from the PC without using any media.
Thanks in advance,
~pau1
Similar Threads
-
By gnarvaja in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 11:08 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-30-2004, 03:37 AM
-
By pau1knopp in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 09:50 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 10-02-2003, 09:41 PM
-
By Rgosen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-11-2003, 08:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Lot of 12 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets with BAD LCD for Parts
$381.38

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 10.5" Tablet SM-X200 (Gray 32GB) Wifi CRACKED
$41.93

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Tablet SM-T517P (Gray 32GB) Sprint CRACKED
$37.65

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G SM-T738U 12.4" Tablet Gray 64GB T-Mobile CRACKED
$82.68