-
Senior Member
registered user
"Poor Man's Dual Boot" with KNOPPIX 3.4
Has anyone got this working? I have many times used the FAQ located at http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HdBasedHowTo to boot the KNOPPIX 3.3 compressed file system from my hard drive instead of from CDROM.
I especially liked using LILO to set up a boot menu so that I don't have to use boot floppies or a cdrom to get the HD installed filesystem going.
The steps I used to use to create a boot directory on the partition where I copy the CD image to (HDA3 in this example) went as follows:
mkdir /mnt/hda3/boot/
cp /boot/System.map /mnt/hda3/boot/
mount /cdrom/KNOPPIX/boot-en.img /mnt/test -o loop -t vfat
cp /mnt/test/* /mnt/hda3/boot
However, with 3.4 there is no longer a boot.img or boot-en.img.
Although I can still do a manual "poor mans dual boot " using a set of floppies or the CDROM to boot, I would like to be able to boot directly from the PC without using any media.
Thanks in advance,
~pau1
Similar Threads
-
By gnarvaja in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 11:08 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-30-2004, 03:37 AM
-
By pau1knopp in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 09:50 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 10-02-2003, 09:41 PM
-
By Rgosen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-11-2003, 08:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone
$699.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box
$1500.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07